Rather Terrific - Real Techniques | Retractable Kabuki


As you may or may not know, I'm a newbie to the realm of make-up. Yup. Truth. A pure and utter newbie So, because of that, everything that is yesterday's news to everyone else is an 'OMG LOOKIT' moment, wide eyes and flailing hands included. What I think is a new find, is actually something that has been out for ages. Nevertheless, I'm really chuffed with my latest find. New to my local Asda is the Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush. I'll take a moment while y'all-in-the-know say, 'Yeah, we know'. 

Moving on...




I haven't added a kabuki brush to my make-up brush collection yet but I have seen them used countless times in tutorials on YouTube but I hadn't seen a tapered kabuki brush, nevermind a retractable one. Imagine the size of my eyeballs when I saw this! The whole mechanism of it is beyond exciting to me. Yes, I'm that childlike in my wonder. It will be my squishy and it shall be mine. But seriously, just look at it. It pushes up, the lid goes on, you push it down and then the brush pops up into the lid, fitting perfectly. There is not one single bristle out of place or stuck on the wrong side of the lid like brushes have a tendency to do with lids.

This makes an immense blush brush. The angled edge makes it perfect for applying blush to the apples of those cheeks, and I've found that it helps you apply the right amount of product. How fantastic is that? For beginners, I must say, this may be a holy grail for me.

The synthetic bristles are so soft to the touch and even softer upon the cheek that it makes blushing-it-up a dream. They're just so soft that you can use simple strokes or even buffing circles. It's that diverse and is perfect for duo or trio functions if you want to change things up and use it for foundation or brush as well.

It's also very light and compact that it can easily fit in any handbag, regardless of the occasion, and perfect for on-the-go. The lid stops the bristles from being destroyed by whatever paraphernalia happens to be in your handbag and/or prevents your make up from being transfered to anything else or rubbing off on the fabric of your bag.

Win.

Have you tried any of the retractable brushes by Real Techniques? What did you think of it/them?


Comments

Popular Posts