UBU Smoke Screens


I bought the Smoke Screens Smokey Eye Brush Kit by Urban Beauty United (UBU) as a bit of an experiment. I'm not the greatest when it comes to eyeshadow application. I'm always on the look out for eyeshadow brushes on a budget that will help my eyshadow game. I saw these in Asda for £6 and since it didn't break the bank at that price, I thought that I'd give them a whirl. Also, they're purple! How cute is that?




Tapered Blending Brush - Smudger Brush  - Eye Defining Brush

Eyemazing - Tapered Blending Brush (No. 35).
I have a love/hate relationship with this brush. It is soft enough to the touch but not as soft as I would like to really get it to blend effectively. It takes a bit of to-do to blend shadows out for me bur it does work. It picks up the shadows beautifully but it's loathe to let go of the previous pigment when you go to pick something else up. The shape of it is great with angles that'll help when needing an angle along the eyelid and a point that'll get right into that crease and the corners of those eyes. 


Smudge Kitten - Smudger Brush (No. 36).
This is admittedly the least used of the three brushes. I have been using this to smudge the eye liner under my eyes as the super soft dome shape makes it great for blending round that sensitive area of the eye. There is a slight point within the shape but it isn't too harsh again the skin if you have a light touch.


Drama Queen - Eye Defining Brush (No. 31).
By far, my favourite out of the three brushes. I love this brush for applying eye-liner, both powder and liquid. The bristles pick up shadows brilliantly and it moves so effortlessly against my upper lash line. The brush is flexible enough to move with the contours of your eyelid and the bristles are soft against the skin. I am definitely liking this brush and I've been using it for my eye-liner since I got it and I've been brushing up (get it?) on my eye-liner skills because if you have read my other posts and have watched my videos, you will know that I'm worse than useless at it. This brush has definitely helped to strengthen that ability to not suck so much at it. 


I have another UBU brush in my possession. I have their Glow Stick Foundation brush that I actually use to press concealer into my skin. It has a tapered end to it that helps get the concealer to where it's desperately needed, i,e. under my eyes!

UBU make-up brushes can be found in the UK in participating stockist stores of Asda and Tesco. In the US, they're available from Ulta. For your country, check out their locations here.

Have you ever used any of UBU's make-up brushes? What did you think of them? Let me know.


Comments

Popular Posts