Christmas Style || Sharon Raydor [Major Crimes]



Once again, Mary McDonnell, or rather her character, has made my inner fashionista's heart flutter. In the latest episode of Major Crimes (3x12 Acting Out), Sharon Raydor got all dolled up for a night out to see The Nutcracker - an appropriate Christmas ballet - and her outfit for said ballet was absolutely stunning. (See outfit here & here) Costume stylist, Greg LeVoi magnificently chose this outfit! It suited Mary's skin tone and hair colour down to the ground and it showed off her impeccable legs (I'll be forever jealous of those!) The dress that she wore was a gorgeous creation by Diane Von Furstenberg, a Zarita Scoopneck Lace Dress that goes for $348. I don't know about you, but I don't have $348 to throw around for a dress. So, I did a little traipsing about the internet and found some cheaper alternatives.


Before I begin with the dresses I have to say that trying to source lace dresses that are in stock mere days before Christmas is an absolute pain in the posterior. They are either all sold out or low in stock. It's insane, I tell you! Lace dresses are the quintessential 'go-to' dress for the Christmas party season! Because of this, between sourcing and publication, dresses may have gone out of stock.

Also, I've provided a selection of black and navy coloured dresses for variation as navy may not suit everybody. Pair it with black heels and you'll be ready to attend your own Nutcracker production.



o1                             ||                       o2                              ||                   o3


o1 || New Look || John Zack Black Lace Dress - £39.99
o2 || Dorothy Perkins || Jolie Moi Navy 3/4 Sleeve Lace Dress - £23.09
o3 || House of Fraser || Shubette Beaded Lace Dress - £120



o4                                ||                      o5                               ||                     o6


o4 || AX Paris || Long Sleeve Lace Midi Dress - £30.00
o5 || Amazon || AD LIB Girl Napolina Navy Lace Bodycon Dress - £22.00
o6 || George @ Asda || Moda V-neck and Back Lace Dress - £20.00

I'm acutely aware that all of these sites are all UK based companies and may not offer international shipping. I'm from Ireland and I don't know a lot of sites that would be available to the States and Canada and would have such dresses. However, I was able to find three dresses available at Forever21. If you find any other sites, feel free to point me in their direction and I'll happily edit the post to include them.



o7                                ||                      o8                               ||                     o9

o7 || Forever21 || Zippered Lace Sheath Dress - $22.80
o8 || Forever21 || Classic Floral Lace Dress - $27.80
o9 || Forever21 || Floral Lace Sheath Dress - $13.00

I profusely apologise if any of these are out of stock at publication. That is beyond regrettable. It took me long enough to find these dresses and to make this post that people may have managed to sneak in and snap up these gems before I could get word out. As I said, the lace dress is a very popular Christmas look! However, a simple web search or perusing Amazon and/or eBay will give you some real bargains. 




To finish off the look, add a dab of lipgloss to add a bit of glam. For this look, Mary McDonnell's make-up artist Robin Siegel used Gleam Lip Radiance lipgloss in 'Pop My Cork'. It is available for $24.00. They offer worldwide shipping and have suppliers in other countries, simply check their website for details and locations. Also, at the moment Gleam have a special offer running; Buy any Lip Radiance Lipgloss and receive the Lip Radiance shade Naked for free. Two Lip Radiance lipglosses for the price of one? Score!

I hope you're all humming the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy now. 


Comments

Popular Posts