TUTORIAL || Elsa [Frozen]


I adore Frozen. I have loved it since the moment I first watched it in the cinema. I saw it twice in the cinema because I loved it that much. I was instantly drawn to the character Elsa as Idina Menzel is an actress and singer that I greatly admire. I didn't know much about Frozen but I recognised Idina's voice immediately and that kickstarted my love of Elsa. I nearly squealed with delight at the discovery in the screening Whilst in the throws of a cold on Sunday, I decided to dust off my Frozen DVD and give it a good 'ol watch. Cue getting inspiration for a wearable make-up tutorial for Elsa. 







The beauty that is Elsa is something else. There is just something about her that drew me instantly towards her. Maybe it was the porcelain skin or the blue eyes or the long blonde hair or just her pure awesomeness, but I felt an instant kinship with her. Once you have feelings like that, it's only natural to do a make-up tutorial, right? 

I was actually inspired for this look by the scene where Anna and Elsa are sitting on opposite sides of Elsa's bedroom door. The lighting given to that scene instantly made me think of a lipstick shade that I had recently purchased and had put in my Rimmel favourites post || here ||. I instantly tipped my entire collection out and started to build the tutorial from that moment.





Make up used: 
Primer: Benefit The Porefessional
Eyeshadow Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Candlelight
Foundation: L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation - C1 Rose Ivory
Concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Vanilla
Setting Powder: Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Translucent
Eyeshadow: Revlon ColorStay Eyeshadow Palette - Seductive
                     MakeUp Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection
Eyeliner: Rimmel London ScandalEyes Gel Liner
               The Body Shop Eye-definer Pencil - Black
               MakeUpAcademy Eyeliner - White
Mascara: Maybelline NY The Rocket
Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz - Taupe / Ash Blonde
Highlight: Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Highlighter
Blush: Chanel - Frivole
           NARS - Deep Throat
Lipstick: Rimmel London Moisture Renew - As You Want Victoria

These are just the items that I used. Feel free to substitute anything for what you have. Click on the box below to watch how I put this look together. 



If you try this look I would love to see pictures. Feel free to tag me on Instagram or Twitter; on both accounts I'm @29Sapphires. I feel like I should close the post with a line from the movie... "Don't let the frostbite, bite."


Comments

Popular Posts