Manchester Make-Up Haul


My father gave my brother and I some spending money for our trip to Manchester. It was seriously appreciated as I managed to do some damage in Boots and Superdrug and get a lot of products that I wanted to try out from recommendations on YouTube. However, it will be a little bit before I can properly try them out because on the day we arrived in Manchester, the skin around my eye and my eyelid freaked out and went red and stung like hell! I'm not entirely sure what caused this but I've been on a make-up detox since coming home and it seems to be helping. But here is what I picked up while being let loose in my new natural habitat.


  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

  • BOOTS
  • Real Techniques Bold Metals 201 Pointed Crease Brush
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair
  • L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Foundation - 120 Vanilla
  • L'Oreal Paris True Match Powder - R1-C1 Rose Ivory
  • L'Oreal Paris Perfect Match Concealer - 2 Vanilla
  • Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder - Vanilla
  • Sleek Shimmer Blush - Rose Gold
  • Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo - Metallic Pomegranate & On And On Bronze
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - Fair
  • Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder - Classic Ivory
  • Maybelline Super Stay24HR Concealer - 2 Light 
  • Soap & Glory Archery Eyebrow Pencil & Brush - Blonde-Shell

I knew that I wanted to get one of the Bold Metals brushes. That was a mission. Ever since I saw Nic and Sam's  (Pixiwoo on YouTube) video where they talked about, I knew that I at least wanted one of them. They are such gorgeous looking brushes that I couldn't resist. But the question was, which one to get? I knew that the blush brush would be a must have for me but then I also wanted the Pointed Crease Brush. When I was stood in Boots, I knew that I had to have the Crease Brush. It just spoke to me. Buy me. Buy meeee. This brush would be my first Bold Metals Brush. Let me tell you, it is seriiiiiously soft. Imagine a kitten's paw and you'll be right on track for what this thing feels like. Plus, Boots had a special offer where you get triple points when you purchase a Bold Metals brush. Win!

There is a reason why I bought so many concealers. I needed concealers because as I mentioned, my skin broke out in the most horrific way. I think that it was a reaction to the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer as that was the only thing new to my make-up routine and the only thing that was being used in the effected area. So I went on a hunt for a concealer and ended up with four of them. Oops.
 
 
 
 

  • SUPERDRUG
  • Zoella Beauty Guinea Pig Cosmetics Bag
  • Make Up Revolution Eyes Like Angels Eyeshadow Palette

I didn't really plan on going into Superdrug becasue Boots pretty much had everything that I wanted to get. But after leaving Boots, my brother and I headed to explore the ground level of the Trafford Centre where we perused the shops there. Just on passing, I decided to pop in to see what they had. I saw that they had a Make Up Revolution stand, which I've never seen in Northern Ireland before and I couldn't resist it. I noticed the Eyes Like Angels palette and instantly fell in love with it. I bought it for the colours that it had. I have a couple of holidays lined up and this will make for an excellent travel palette so that I could experiment with more colourful looks whilst away. Plus, the colours are gorgeous. Sophisticated Pink took my breath away and I cannot wait to experiment with this palette.

As some of you may know, I 'm a great supporter of YouTubers and I adore Zoella. I have her book which I've reviewed and I have a cosmetics bag which I actually brought with me on this trip, as you'll have seen in my What's In My Travel Makeup Bag. When I first saw her beauty line in Belfast, I wanted to get the cute pink bag with the guinea pig on it but they only had the green one with the eyes. I loved the design of it too so I bought it and it has served me well over the months. When in Superdrug in the Trafford Centre, I was faced with a dilemma; Get the guinea pig one or get her new one which is a gorgeous pink and rose gold toned bag. In the end, cuteness won out and I went home with the guinea pig. I needed another cosmetics bag like a hole in the head but I just couldn't resist. Plus, it was handy to carry home my new purchases and to keep them separate from the makeup that I brought with me for blogging purposes. See? I'm always thinking of you lot.






I can't wait to dive in and use all of these and see what looks I can come up with them. I've now become one of those girls that loves to go makeup shopping just to see what's new and what I can test out. But here starts a new makeup ban until my trip to Barcelona in April which I cannot wait for. I'm so excited and Barcelona has a Sephora. I'm stupidly excited for this! That and spending time with one of my closest friends.

If you've tried anything from this post, I would love to know your thoughts.

 

Comments

Popular Posts