Face Of The Day 3 || featuring Glasses



As you may or may not know, I wear glasses. Yet whenever I'm filming a tutorial or taking a photograph, my glasses are off usually hidden behind my back or my contact lenses are in. But on an everyday basis, I usually wear my glasses for work and for driving because my lenses don't sit properly on one of my eyes. Fail. My optician said that they can't fix that so I have to deal with a bit of blurriness when trying to read things in the distance. Greeeeeat. Not! Anyway, here is my makeup for when I'm going out and about in the car and I need my glasses.
 
I have to say to start with, that my prescription is strong. When people do their eye makeup and it's sitting perfectly and they have their lashes insanely volumised and lengthened with that insane mascara and that cat-eye flick is on par, they put on their glasses and WHOA! Say hello to every single eyelash that you have dotted on your lashlines. When I first wore mascara with glasses I was incredibly self-conscious of how magnified everything was around my eyes. I could see all of my eyelashes and I didn't like that one bit. It's probably why I'm not a big fan of lengthening mascaras. The mental scars run deep, people but to each their own, right?
 
 
 
At times my glasses can look like I just have framed coke bottles on my face because the prescription is that strong. But that's exactly what they are. Frames. When you wear glasses, your face is framed differently and so you have to tailor your makeup a little bit to suit that. A frame has to suit the picture it is framing, right? I have tremendous admiration for Mary McDonnell's makeup artist, Robin Siegel because Mary wears her glasses on Major Crimes and she takes them off and puts them back on countless times and her makeup has to suit both instances. My frames are neutral in the centre with a silver frame and have purple legs so I can get away with some eye looks that Mary couldn't necessarily get away with because her frames are a lot bolder.





Complexion
Primer: L'Oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Base
Foundation: Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - Ivory
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - 15 Light
Setting Powder: Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder - Vanilla
Bronzer: Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette - Streak
Blush: Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette - Streak
Lipstick: Wet N Wild - Copper Dust

Eyes & Brows
Primer: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair
Eyeshadow: Maybelline Color Tattoo - On and On Bronze
Eyeliner: Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner
Mascara: Revlon Lash Potion - Blackened Brown
Soap & Glory Archery 2 in 1 Eyebrow Pencil - Blondeshell



 



For my eyes, I basically like to give them a little bit of colour and brighten them so that they aren't so hidden behind my glasses but at the same time, aren't in your face. For my eye makeup with glasses, I tend to go for colours that suit my eye colour cuz as pinks and bronze toned shadows. But for this post, I've gone for a very neutral and subtle look because I went for a bright lipstick. How gorgeous is that shade?

Later this evening, I will be going to the theatre and I'll be driving so I'll be filming the makeup that I use for a night out with my glasses on so stay tuned for that post.


 

Comments

Popular Posts