TUTORIAL || Gamora [The Guardians of the Galaxy] Inspired Makeup Look



This week's Fandom Friday post was inspired largely by what I managed to create during Star Trek Week and my best friend. I had tremendous fun creating the makeup looks for the uniform departments used in Star Trek. I honestly think that I surprised myself with what I managed to create using the colours that I did because I would never have normally reached for them as they're so bold and in-your-face. In stepping out of my comfort zone, I found that I unexpectedly loved it and found that I could do more than I believed that I could. It was my best friend's birthday last week and she's a huge fan of Guardians of the Galaxy (she's saved under Gamora on my phone, no lie) and so I asked her if I should do a makeup look inspired by Gamora and I got a resounding YES!




For this look I was inspired by Gamora's green skin and the dip dye pink in her hair. As Galinda says in Wicked, "pink goes good with green". You don't have to use exactly what I did. As long as the colours match, you'll be grand. There are brands out there that do these colours. One last disclaimer, my camera kinda picked up the colours of this look strangely and my editing didn't help matters. It looks turquoise here but in real life, it is very much green.

Anyway, let's get started.

I already took care of my foundation before moving onto the eye makeup. I used L'Oreal's Infallible Mattifying primer alongside the Infallible Foundation (Porcelain & Vanilla mixed together). Then I used Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer under my eyes and on blemishes before using Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer to add further coverage and to highlight. To set everything I used Bourjois's Healthy Balance powder. I then took the Collection concealer onto my eyelid to act as an eyeshadow primer and set it with the Bourjois powder.






As always, I filled in my eyebrows with my Soap & Glory Archery brow pencil (BlondeShell). I merely filled in the sparse bits and gave my brows a smidge of definition.







To start on the eye makeup, I took my Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection Palette and took a medium pink shadow on my MAC 217 - any fluffy brush will do. I started at my outer corner and then took the excuse up into my crease, going above it too.







I then took a very bright pink eyeshadow - I used Pink from my Makeup Revolution Eyes Like Angels eyeshadow palette - on the same brush and did the same thing to intensify that previous colour and almost give it a gradient effect. I made sure to take it well out past the outer corner and into the outer V.






For the entirety of the lid, I took a dark green shade on my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. I'm using Fern from Sleek's i-Divine Ultra Mattes (v2) eyeshadow palette.






Fern was a little too dark and blue-toned-ish for my liking so I used a brighter green shadow on the opposite end of the Base Shadow Brush. I took this shade from the Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow palette and patted it all over where I put down that previous dark green shadow.




I took Pink again and brought the pink shades back out as I felt that the green shadows covered it too much.






I then took a black eyeshadow, I used Noir from the Sleek palette on a fluffy brush (I used the Blending side of my EcoTools Eye Enhancer duo brush). I started at the outer corner and brought the excess all the way along the crease to my inner corner.






Then on an angled liner brush (EcoTools Eye Enhancer Duo brush), I took that same black eyeshadow and lined my upper lashline and winged it out slightly. I didn't wing it out with any kind of neatness as I just followed that line that I had created with all the shadows at the outer V. I then used the blending brush from before and smudged the wing.




I topped up Pink on my crease again.





Using a small brush (I used the one that came with the L'Oreal La Nude Palette), I took Pink and lined my lower lashline with it.




I then took the opportunity at this point to clean up my under eye area and to sharpen up that outer V. I took a dab of Nivea's 3-in-1 Micellar Cleasing Water on an angled makeup sponge and used the corner to clean up what I wanted.






After curling my lashes, I applied several coats of Maybelline's The Rocket mascara. I applied mascara to my top lashes only.






Then I took Rimmel's Special Eyes Precision Black Eye Liner Pencil and lined my waterline all the way to the tear duct. I took it slightly into  my tightline at that inner corner.





Now to finish off my face, I took Max Factor's Creme Puff blush in Lovely Pink on my Real Techniques blush brush.






Then to contour and warm up my face further, I took the bronzer from my Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette (Streak) on my Real Techniques Sculpting Brush.





I then took the highlight shade from the Urban Decay Flushed palette on the highlight side of my No7 Highlight & Contour brush and just applied it to the tops of my cheekbones.





To finish off the look, I used Bourjois's Aqua Laque liquid lipstick in Aprechissant. These liquid lipsticks apply like a dream and cover like a stain. I've been loving them recently. And that's it done!










Now you have a makeup look inspired my Gamora that would be great for any nightout. You can get your inner Gamora on whilst out and no-one will ever know. Or if you're not that confident about cosplaying and just want to pay homage to the character, then this will work fantastically well too. Again, I don't know why my camera picked up the green shadows as turquoise. As I said, in real life, they're super dark green.

Let me know what you think of this look and if you recreate this look, I would love to see it. You can tag me on instagram or twitter @29Sapphires.




B O N U S   P I C T U R E


Comments

Popular Posts