TUTORIAL || Star Trek Inspired Makeup Look [Operations Gold]


Welcome to the second tutorial of Star Trek Week. In today's post, we're going to cover the Operations Gold departmental colour. Originally the Gold shirt was the colour of the Command crew - we all remember Kirk wearing a gold shirt. From The Next Generation onwards, gold has been the department colour of the Operations crew. The JJ Abrams universe have kept the original colours and have Chris Pine in Gold. For the sake of argument, I'm using The Next Generation through Voyager colours pattern.
My usual disclaimer is that you do not have to use the precise products that I do. The products used are ones that I happen to have in my makeup collection. You can use whatever colours match that you have. With that being said, let's get started.
Before starting on my eye makeup I took care of my foundation and base off camera because it's pretty much the same as it always is - I'll do a separate beauty post on this shortly. To start with, I used L'Oreal's Infallible Mattifying Primer and the corresponding Infallible Foundation (Porcelain & Vanilla mixed together). To blend in the foundation I used my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush. Then for concealer I used my L'Oreal True Match Concealer in the shade Vanilla alongside the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair. I blended both of these out in turn with my Real Techniques Setting Brush. Then to set everything I used Maybelline's Fit Me pressed powder (120 Classic Ivory) on a Real Techniques Powder Brush. Using the Collection concealer, I then primed my eyelids, blending it out with my finger and setting it with the same Maybelline powder.


T H E   L O O K


  • I started off with the brows. I used Soap & Glory's Archery eyebrow pencil to fill in the sparse parts. Nothing fancy. Then used the spooly brush end to tidy up the hairs.



  • For the base I used a Maybelline Color Tattoo in the shade Eternal Gold. Using my finger, I applied this all over my eyelid. I then took a brush to add that little bit extra to it and a more precise application. I used a small eyeshadow brush from Sephora.




  • To intensify that gold of the Color Tattoo, I took Collection's Little Mix Love All About The Eyes palette. Using a sofr eyeshadow brush, I used one from Seventeen, and took the Golden Sand shadow and applied it all over my eyelid. This is a highly shimmery gold colour.



  • Using the same eyeshadow palette, I took the Sunkissed shade (a warm brown shimmer shade), the one next to Golden Shade, on my Real Techniques Bold Metals Pointed Crease brush. With the aptly named brush, I applied this shade into my crease and blended it to the intensity that I wanted.




  • To darken up that crease just a little bit more, I used my W7 In The Buff eyeshadow palette. On a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush, I took a smidgen of the shade Topaz and applied it to my crease and outer corner. 



  • Using that same brush (I love that brush), I used Pearl Necklace from the Makeup Revolution Eyes Like Angels eyeshadow palette and applied it all over my lid. Sorry that my camera didn't to go out of focus but it's a gorgeous champagne type shade.



  • Because the Starfleet uniforms have black and grey tones, I took Panther from Wet N Wild on the blending edge of my EcoTools Duo Eye Enhancer brush. Any matte black eyeshadow will do the trick. I first concentrated this on the outer corner of my eye and blended it up into the crease. I brought it about half way to three-quarters of the way across my crease. I then packed Panther more at that outer corner, just to be sure that it was black enough.


  • Using the liner side of my EcoTools Duo Eye Enhancer brush, I took Panther and lined my upper lashline. It doesn't have to be neat or perfect or even heavy. It's just to define the eye. I brought it quite close to my inner corner.

  • This part is optional but I took the Golden Sand shade from the Little Mix palette and lined my lower lash line with it. It's just to put a little bit of colour there.




  • I then lined my waterline and tightline with my Helen E Soft Black eyeliner pencil.





  • After curling my eyelashes, I applied Maybelline's Lash Sensational mascara to my top lashes and then for my lower lashes, I used Seventeen FalsifEye HD mascara*.
  • Once I was happy with the eye makeup, I cleaned up some of my undereye area. Working with shimmer eyeshadows can involve a lot of fall-out. There wasn't too much with this look but I still wanted to clean it up. Virgo problems.



  • To give some colour to my cheeks, I took a soft shimmer pink blush. I used Sleek's Rose Gold blush and on my Real Techniques Blush brush, applied this to my cheeks, blending it out.




  • Using my No7 Contoue & Highlighter brush, I took the bronze shade from the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette (shade: Streak). I placed it under my cheek bones, blending out thoroughly before applying it to my temples, hairline and jawline.


  • Even though the blush would give some highlight, I added a little more to the tops of my cheekbones using the highlight shade from the Urban Decay Flushed palette. On the opposite end of the No7 brush, I just swept it on lightly.



  • To finish it all off, I used Max Factor's Colour Elixir lipstick in 837 Sunbronze. Since this lipstick is so creamy, I used a Real Techniques Detailer Brush to help me apply it smoothly and without messing it up.
And there you have it, your finished Operations Gold Shirt inspired makeup look. It won't be Starfleet regulation but I'm sure we can live with that.












Disclaimer - * Seventeen FalsifEye HD mascara was gifted to me by Boots. It was sent to me as part of their #BeautyTimeMachine scheme were they gifted those on Twitter with a beauty goodie to help emulate whoever they tweeted a reply with. I tweeted back with Katharine Hepburn. I am not being compensated in any way to use this product and have not been paid anything.


Comments

Popular Posts