The Best Tutorials for Winged Liner


Hello, everyone, welcome back to your regular programming here at Kazzie Athena. I hope that you all enjoyed Major Crimes Week. I certainly did. It was an absolute blast sourcing all the outfits and filming the makeup tutorials after work. It was a lot of fun. Today, I'm going to keep it simple and sweet just to get the ball rolling on posting again, a little breather if you will, and bring you some of my favourite cat-eye-slash-winged-liner tutorials. 


I love a good cat-eye. I love it.. It's one of my favourite makeup looks. Whenever I'm doing my makeup it really kills me when I can't do a flick for whatever reason. Usually I do it anyway once I'm done doing what I need the non-winged makeup for. When I finished filming the makeup tutorial for Detective Amy Sykes, I took my makeup brush and that gel liner and winged it out, baby. I couldn't resist. I just couldn't. I'm weak. 

Like everything in makeup, the winged liner takes practice. Lord knows, it takes practice. It took me forever to learn how to get them remotely even or tidy. I looked horrendous for the most part and I confess that I did. But I took my time and practiced. Winged liner is probably one of the few things that I have the patience to do. Tengo poco paciencia, chicos. Eso es la verdad. 

Below are a handful of videos that I think are great at demonstrating how to do a winged liner. So, in no particular order... 


HOW TO SLAY YOUR WINGED LINER - KAIT NICHOLE




HOT TO: PERFECT WINGED LINER TUTORIAL  || DESI PERKINS




EASY WINGED LINER TUTORIAL || ESSIE BUTTON 




EASY WAYS TO USE LIQUID LINER || MICHELLE PHAN



Personally, I chop and change between methods that I have that work for me. I use gen liner and the Real Techniques Silicon liner brush and a dense liner brush like this one that I bought at Sephora. I generally start off with the flick and then line my eyes and connect it altogether. Or sometimes, I'll line my eye and then flick it out. It depends on my mood. 

My biggest tip for getting even flicks is to follow your lower lash line around and aim it towards the tail of your eyebrow. 

I hope that these videos are useful to you and that they help you with your confidence in attempting that elusive cat-eye. Just practice. Before you take off your makeup in the evening, get out your liner and try it out. You're going to be washing it off in a minute anyway, so no harm done. Let me know how you get on. 




*DISCLAIMER: Header image from Lalamer.com and edited by me.

Comments

Popular Posts