TUTORIAL || Dark Phoenix [Maarvel] Inspired Makeup Look



Welcome back to Fandom Friday. I'm really on a Marvel kick these days. #RegretNothing I love Marvel and I love the excitement that I have when a new movie comes out and I've recently gotten into reading the comic books. I watched the animated series of a whole bunch of Marvel and DC Comics characters and loved them all. Today, I'm going to be going over a makeup look inspired by the colours of the Dark Phoenix, from X-Men.


As usual, you don't have to use exactly what I have, use what colours you have and you'll be cooking with gas. I'm not a makeup artist, I just like playing around with makeup. Let's get started.

I don't know why I'm sat so low in this. My set up was the same but I don't think my camera was balanced the way it usual is and was facing more upwards. Oops. Professional = not me. Plus, my posture is atrocious 99% of the time. 

Before starting on my eyes I took care of my base; my foundation and concealer. I used L'Oreal's Infallible Foundation (Porcelain) and Urban Decay's Naked Concealer (Fair Neutral) and set them using Rimmel's Match Perfection Translucent Loose Powder. I also filled in my eyebrows using my Soap&Glory Archery eyebrow pencil (Blondeshell).





To start, I primed my eyelids using Rimmel's Lasting Finish Concealer (Porcelain). I used my finger to apply to the lid, eye socket and brow bone so that any discoloration was covered and that I had a solid base to work with. This will ensure that the eyeshadows will pop. I set it using my L'Oreal True Match Pressed Powder (Rose Ivory) and a Real Techniques Setting Brush.






I started off with a yellow eyeshadow. I used this one from my Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette. I took this on my Sephora Crease Shadow Brush and placed at the outer corner first before taking it through the crease. I made sure that it went slightly above the crease and tried to wing it out slightly. It doesn't have to be neat as you can neaten it up later if desired. I also applied it to the outer third of my lid. 






Taking a red eyeshadow, I used Kiko's Infinity Mat Red eyeshadow and a narrow flat eyeshadow brush from Sephora. I patted this primarily in the centre of the lid and took it to the inner corner and randomly brushed it through the crease here and there. The eyes don't have to be identical. 





I then took a black eyeshadow, I used Wet N Wild's Panther, and a Seventeen Eyeshadow Brush and applied it to the inner third of my eyelid. Start off lightly and then build it up as required. I blended it into the red and pushed it through the crease. 






To darken that red up a little bit, I took a darker red shadow and applied it over the red to blend it into the yellow. I took the shade Sexy from the Balm's Nude'Tude eyeshadow palette on a Seventeen Eyeshadow Brush.







I lined my eyes and created a cat-flick using L'Oreal's Super Liner Ultra Precision Liquid Liner. This makes lining your eyes super quick as it moves so smoothly over the lash line and doesn't tug at all. I then created a second flick just below that first one. It wasn't as sharp or as neat as the one I did on my right eye. If this happens to you, take a cotton bud and that'll fix it right up. 






I lined my waterline and tightline all the way in using Rimmel's Special Eyes Precision Eyeliner Pencil. I also extended the upper tightline downwards past my tear duct. 






I then took the yellow, red and black eyeshadows on my lower lash line using a pencil brush from Sephora






I curled my lashes and applied L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara to my top lashes only.




I tidied up my brow bone using the Rimmel Lasting Finish concealer and an EcoTools Concealer Brush







I lightly contoured my face using Maybelline's Master Sculpt (Fair to Medium) and my No7 Contour & Highlighting Brush. I wanted really chiselled cheekbones but I'm not great at contouring. But I took a grey eyeshadow too and added it to my cheekbones only and buffed it out to help create a slightly harsher shadow. 




I jumped to my lips here and filled my lips in with L'Oreal's Color Riche Exclusive lipstick in Blake's Red. 




I then used my EcoTools Blending and Shader brush alongside the Panther eyeshadow, to darken the lips up. I started at the corners and then brought it down to the bottom of my lips to darken that area up. I did the same on the top lip. 





I then decided to do my blush at this point and used NARS' Orgasm Blush and my Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki Brush.










And there you have a look inspired by The Dark Phoenix from X-Men. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and that you've been enjoying the Marvel kick that I've been on for Fandom Friday. If you ever want to request a character, please do so. It doesn't have to be Marvel. It can be from anything and I will do my best to fulfill that request.

Check out my previous Marvel inspired looks

Storm Gamora Nebula Rogue - Scarlet Witch 

I hope you have a wonderful day. Come back next week when there will be a special Marvel tutorial next week for Fandom Friday.




**Disclaimer: Image of Dark Phoenix in cover image by PinkHavok at DeviantArt

Comments

Popular Posts