REVIEW || Make Up For Ever Makeup



If you saw my makeup haul from my cruise, you will know that I did some damage in Sephora, several times over. It has culminated in the makeup ban to end all makeup bans. It was that bad but I don't regret it because I bought some amazing things, mostly from Make Up For Ever, that I have been reaching for since getting home. Over the past few weeks I've been putting the face products from MUFE to the test. Finally, I can say what I think about them. 




MAKE UP FOR EVER HD FOUNDATION

I picked this guy up on my second jaunt into Sephora. The previous one in Monte Carlo didn't have the shade that I needed. The Venice one luckily did and it was the last one that they had so I snatched it up without even asking for assistance. I pulled that drawer out and grabbed it.




I took the shade N115 Ivory. It is the perfect shade for me. It's perfect for me all year round because I don't tan. I don't want a tan. I'm pale and proud and paranoid. 

The MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Complexion products use innovative formulas to create a new generation of makeup which is both invisible on HD cameras and to the naked eye. HD Foundation combines flawless coverage and an extremely natural finish. The Sericite contained in HD Foundation heightens the diffusion of light and intensifies the glow of the skin. Enriched with Moisturising agent, HD Foundation Moisturises and prepares the skin for makeup. Its usually smooth and elastic texture makes it easy to apply and a pleasure to wear. Skin texture is refined to give a very natural complexion. HD Foundation is an oil-free medium-to-full coverage liquid foundation which covers skin imperfections, while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.

My skin has been loving this foundation. It feels super light on my skin that whenever I'm applying it, it effortlessly glides over my face. Some foundations sometimes go streaky and need a little work to buff it evenly into my skin. This went over my skin without any issue at all. It felt lightweight and set beautifully that I didn't feel that I had anything on my face. Even when I touch my face after awhile, my skin feels like skin and not like I have a foundation on. 

I tend to use about 2-3 pumps on the back on my hand, after shaking it up per the instructions, and then use a brush to blend it in. I'm currently loving the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend it in. The foundation gives really great coverage without feeling heavy. I wouldn't say that it's full coverage. It doesn't look like full coverage on me but it does even out my skin tone beautifully so I would say that it's a medium to full coverage foundation. If you need a little exact here and there, this foundation is easily build-able.





MAKE UP FOR EVER PRO BRONZE FUSION BRONZER - 30M SIENNA

I have the wonderful Kristina Vogel of Mary McDonnell makeup artist fame to blame for this beauty being in my collection now. When I first applied this, I could tell that it would not be a contouring bronzer for my skin tone. This is one of the darkest shades available. With my porcelain skin, I thought that it would be a recipe for disaster but the others didn't swatch well enough to really make any kind of difference.

As I started playing around it, I noticed that it didn't pick up all the well with a fluffy brush the way that a lot of my bronzers do. That made me think that it may be a cream to powder finish. I squeezed my brush so that it compacted the bristles and that made it pick the product up with a lot more ease. It doesn't say that it is a cream to powder finish but it feels that way to me. Maybe that she's me being stupid and waffling and not knowing a damned thing about makeup and textures etc. but that's what I'm going with.

It will pick up with a fluffy brush but there won't be a lot of product on the brush. That makes it perfect for those that are nervous around bronzer. Bronzer is a very tricky product to get used to, especially when you have fair skin like me. When I want a light bronzing, I use a fluffy brush. When I want to define my cheekbones a little bit without necessarily contouring, I narrow the brush. 

It is a beautiful bronzer and pretty much the only one that I've been reaching for since getting it. 






MAKE UP FOR EVER SCULPTING BLUSH - N10 SATIN PEACH PINK

This blush is what dreams are made of at the moment. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I love my blushes. Blushes are my favourite part of my makeup routine and I like to treat myself to high-end ones. I only have about 3 drugstore blushes in my collection.

This blush is no exception. It's a beautiful baby pink shade with hints of peach to it that doesn't overpower the tone of it. I use this with my Deliplus Polvos brush and dab it on my cheeks to give myself a natural flush of colour. I'm in love with how it makes my cheeks look. It doesn't look overdone and comes off extremely natural. I love it. Even if you do go crazy with it, it blends out easily. I love the finish of it. It gives just the slightest hint of glow to your cheeks due to the satin finish of it. It's not entirely matte but there's no large amount iridescence to it. It's somewhere in the middle. 

I'm always finding myself lifting this blush whenever I'm doing my makeup. I'm not entirely sure why it has the 'sculpting' part in its name but I love it nevertheless.


*Great photography skills there, Kazzie. D'oh


MAKE UP FOR EVER HD PRESSED POWDER

This was designed to be used in conjunction with the foundation and for television. However, it is not to be used with flash photography. You'll end up with photographs that have you with a white face or under eye area if you use it to set your concealer. Just a warning. Been there, done that, go the t-shirt. 

That being said, this little powder is fantastic. I use it to basically set everything. If I'm near a camera with a flash, I will be a walking, talking, veritable Casper because I will just be a big ball of white. It sets everything immaculately. Whenever I touch my face, I don't feel like I have foundation or powder anywhere. It mattifies and keeps everything where it's meant to be without changing the colour of your face because it is translucent. It's so lightweight and handy for touch ups on the go with it being so compact and coming with a handy-dandy mirror. In. Love. 




As you can see, I've been absolutely loving my new products by Make Up For Ever. I would say that it was money well spent. I had wanted to try them for a while but never plucked up the courage to stop by a stand. This time, I was practically drawn to it as if by a Siren. Regret nothing. 

Have you tried anything from Make Up For Ever? What were your thoughts?



Comments

Popular Posts