Sephora, MAC and More Makeup Haul



I went crazy over the past two weeks. It wasn't a little crazy. I went CRAY-ZEE! Firstly, I was in Dublin for Idina Menzel's World Tour concert and then I went on a Royal Caribbean Mediterranean Cruise with my family the day after the concert. I went into a MAC store in Dublin for a nosey and ended up with five eyeshadows and then whilst cruising around the Mediterranean, I ended up with three Sephora bags from three different countries. Yep. Crazy. 







Note, that a number of these purchases were influenced by Mary McDonnell's current makeup artist, Kristina Vogel. Just putting it out there but ultimately caused by my insane lack of willpower. I just thank the gods that I was paid during this holiday.

We'll do this in order of country that I visited because I think that's fun.


I  R  E  L  A  N  D



Top Row [L - R]: Mylar - Amber Lights
Bottom Row [L-R]: Malt - Embark
Separate Pan: Orb




I hadn't intended on getting these shadows yet it actually worked out so much cheaper in Euros than in Pounds Sterling. I went into the store and just browsed the eyeshadows. Whilst killing time with this browse, I found a couple of the eyeshadows that I know were used on Kate Mulgrew when she was on Star Trek: Voyager as Captain Kathryn Janeway. I already had Espresso and so I picked up a couple more from that list. 

Orb and Malt are shadows used for Mulgrew's makeup. Embark and Mylar were purchases influenced by Jaclyn Hill because I've seen her use them multiple times over. Amber Lights was a shadow that I picked up for something different. I was going on the cruise the following day and thought that this might make a nice feature shadow. 

I used this quad non-stop throughout the cruise on practically every night. I did my makeup every night for dinner and did my makeup according to the theme of the night or my mood. This quad was more often than not on the vanity table in front of me. I haven't used Orb just yet, though. 





S  P  A  I  N

I didn't actually step foot into the Sephora in Barcelona. I had asked a friend of mine to get the cream lip stains for me because I had forgotten to get them when I was there in April. Once we remembered that I would be back in Barcelona for the cruise, we arranged a little meet up and lunch date. She asked me if there was anything else that I wanted when she was there getting the lip stains. I mentally screamed 'EVERYTHING', as you do. However, instead of saying 'No' like a good girl, I remembered that Kristina Vogel had posted a photo of the bronzer that she had started to use on Mary McDonnell. Several swatch photos later and it was going to be mine.



Makeup Forever Pro Fusion Bronzer - M30

After much humming and ha'ing, we decided that this would be the best shade for me. Despite being deathly pale and this being the darkest shade that they do in the bronzer, it was the best option. My friend sent me photos of swatches that she took and M30 was the best fit. Plus, it is the exact shade that Kristina uses on Mary. What a happy accident.




Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain - 01 Always Red & 06 Pink Souffle 

01 is basically a cult product in the blogging world. Whenever somebody sports a red lip, bets are that this bad boy is on their lips. It is absolutely divine and insanely pigmented. It is so easy to apply and lasts. I wore this several nights on the cruise and I fell in love with it from the first application. It smells amazing and is so easy to apply. You cannot mess this up. I did use a lip pencil but that's because I was having professional photographs taken with the looks that I had and I wanted everything to be perfect. OCD problems. This lip stain has become a definite favourite. Look out for it in my June Favourites post because sure shooting, it'll be there!

06 is a beautiful nude shade that really makes your lips pop without being too in your face about it. I've worn this a couple of times and have really liked it. I'll probably wear it more as we come into the Summer months. In Ireland, Summer is a blink and you'll miss it season. 



Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil - 0L
Makeup Forever Waterproof Aqua Lip Lipliner Pencil - 14C

Apparently, there were some free gifts with these purchases. The top item was a sample Makeup Forever eyeliner. This came from the Spain purchases. I used this non-stop. I didn't use any other eyeliner in my waterline and tightline but this guy. It applied so smoothly and didn't drag at all. I loved it. I may have to save up for a full-size in the very far future.

When in Italy, I got the Makeup Forever Lip Pencil which I think would be the perfect lipliner to accompany Sephora's Pink Soufflé lip stain. Like the eyeliner, it felt so buttery and didn't drag against my lips at all, even when I forgot to prime my lips. It's a beautiful shade. I wish I could say that it lasts but when I was getting ready, I was going to eat and drink and drink all evening. So I didn't notice whether it lasted or not. I was having so much fun.




Milani Baked Blush - Delizioso Pink

When I went to lunch with my friend, we went into a shop that I can't remember the name of right now. I spotted the smallest Milani stash and grabbed this blush the moment I saw it. I have heard so much about Milani and have wanted one of their blushes for the longest time. So I got one. I would say to have a light hand with this blush as it is pigmented.




Deliplus and KIKO Eyeshadow Brushes

No makeup haul would be complete without brushes. I'm such a brush bitch, I swear. I love them. My friend got me a couple of brushes from Deliplus. You've probably seen me rave about my blush brush from that brand and I wanted to try some of their eyeshadow brushes. She got me a small flat shadow brush, an angled liner brush and a thick flat shadow brush. Then I bought a KIKO 200 eyeshadow brush that would be a good dupe for MAC's 217 brush. 



M  O  N  A  C  O

Our first stop on the cruise was Villefranche in France where my family and I took a trip into Monaco. I spied a girl was a Sephora bag on her arm in Monaco and practically honed in on the nearest Sephora. My family let me have ten minutes wondering around. I wanted to get the MUFE HD Foundation but they didn't have my shade, so I compromised and got...





Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder

I used this pretty much all the time to set my concealer during my holiday. Even though it is white and somewhat translucent, do tread lightly as too much will show up in flash photography.



Ciate Blush Pop Creme Blush - The One

The aisle of doom caught me with this one, or should I say, the Stand of Doom. I have no idea how to really use this and haven't tried it yet so this will be interesting. 



Chloe Love Story Eue du Parfum Rollerball

I have a tiny sample size of Chloe's Love Story perfume that I bought in Barcelona airport in April. My Mum actually stole/"borrowed" it so that she could have a perfume on the cruise. So I picked this roll-on version because we both loved it. 






This all came with a free purchase of a Sephora Collection makeup bag. This bag is huge! During the excursions that followed this trip, I used it to store things in my backbag, like my purse, camera and phone so that I could easily locate them without rummaging to the bottom of the bag. Then I brought all of my makeup brushes home in this and there was plenty of room to spare!


I  T  A  L  Y



Makeup Forever Sculpting Blush - 10

I didn't plan on picking up this blush when in Venice but the girl in the store made the mistake of telling me that with any two MUFE products, I'd get a free sample. I should've just said 'No, grazie,' and walked away with the next product and paid. But I didn't. I lifted this little blush. It's a gorgeous blush. I used it multiple times after purchasing it on the cruise and really like it. It joins the vast amount of high-end blushes that I've accumulated. I still only own three drugstore blushes. 



Makeup Forever HD Foundation - N115

This was what I ultimately wanted to get. Monaco didn't have the lightest shade which is what I needed. The other light shades were too warm for my skin tone. So when I saw this in Venice, I snatched it up. It was the last one that they had. Mine! 






I think that it is safe to say that I am now on the BIGGEST makeup/spending ban of my life that will probably last until the end of the year. I'll definitely have to hand over my card to my mother to keep it safe and only use it for the upcoming car expenses i.e. tax, insurance and MOT. It really is shameful what I spent but I was just glad that I didn't spend much on the ship and that I was paid whilst I was away. Oh and that everything was in Euros. So much cheaper than Pounds Sterling. I guess it's beans on toast and porridge for me for all meals from now on. 



Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! This is such a fantastic haul. I especially love the lip products. They look awesome. Oh and those blushes are gorgeous. You definitely have to let me know what you think about the Ciaté one. It's so cute. The foundation also looks gorgeous. It is so light and beautiful. I have to admit that I am a teeny, tiny bit jealous. You got some great stuff there. Looking forward to seeing you use them in future post. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am excited about playing around with everything. The lip stains are my favourite thing so far along with the MUFE blush,. It's so pretty. I can't wait to start using them in looks, once inspiration hits me. The Ciaté one looks so cool and I think it's pretty much like a cheek stamp so it'll be interesting to see how I cope with it. I'll let you know. I may do a post about it. ♥

      ~ Kazzie

      Delete
  2. MAC Amber Lights O.O So amazing. So pretty.... And your pictures are all so pretty I must say :D Great makeup haul you have hun..
    chalwoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts