TUTORIAL || Captain America [Marvel] Inspired Makeup Look



Tomorrow is the Fourth of July and so for all of my American friends, this is perfect timing for a Captain America inspired makeup look. I originally did something else when I sat down to film this but I ended up hating it and that's the reason why my face looks the way it does at the start. Plus, I was feeling like crap when I filmed this tutorial. I was not well at all, my back was killing me and I was overheating and I just wasn't feeling inspired at all. I had ideas during the week but could I remember them? Nope. I took off what I had originally created and did this look. 


Off camera I did my base. I used NARS Tinted Moisturiser (Finland). I then followed it up by using Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair) to brighten my undereye area and cover any discoloration. I then set the concealer using Rimmel's Match Perfection Loose Setting Powder (Translucent). I also used ELF's Clear Brow & Lash Mascara on my eyebrows. I also primed my eyelids using Rimmel's Lasting Finish Concealer (Concealer) and set it using L'Oreal's True Match Pressed Powder (Rose Ivory). 






To start with, I took a white eyeshadow. I used Sassy from The Balm's Nude'Tude eyeshadow palette. I used my finger to apply this because a brush would not lift this. It turned to chalk whenever a brush tried to lift it. It even turned to dust on my own finger. If anyone knows of a good white eyeshadow, please, tell me now! 

I patted that all over my eyelid using my finger. I had to go in several times to make sure that there was enough coverage.







Then, I used a dark blue eyeshadow to line my upper lash line. I used Ink from Sleek's i-Divine Ultra Mattes (v2) Eyeshadow Palette. I used an angled liner dual-ended brush from Revlon. I lined my lashline and winged it out.





To deepen that shadow up, I used the smudger end of the brush and Ink and traced back over the line I drew. 

I also smudged Ink about a third of the way along my lower lashline.





To add a bit more pigmentation, I used Rimmel's Exaggerate Smoke N Shine Automatic Gel Eyeliner in 004 Blue Steel

  Yous were all thinking it!

I used this liner to trace over the shadow that I placed on my lashline and the wing.






I then took that liner into my waterline and tightline.

I should've curled my lashes here but I completely forgot to do that until everything else was finished. Smart. Again, was not feeling well and overheating. Brain was not firing on all cylinders that day.






I bronzed up my skin using Urban Decay's Naked Flushed palette (Streak) using my Real Techniques Blush Brush. I took this bronzer to the high points of my cheeks, my forehead and along my jaw.






I used the blush from the same Urban Decay palette on my Deliplus Powder Brush and dusted this over the apples of my cheeks and blended it out.






Then, I took the highlight shade from the palette on the domed end of my No7 Highlighter & Contour Brush and dotted it over my cheekbone to give my skin a glow. I needed the glow, people. I was seriously lacking on the glow front. 





For my lips, I brought in the red aspect of Captain America and Independence Day. To line and fill in my lips I used New Look Beauty's Pure Colour Lip liner - there's no colour name and I can't find it on the website. Note: I have a habit of putting caps on the top of pencils (pens too) and when I took the cap off of the top of this pencil, the coloured topper came with it. #Fail. 





I went over that lip liner with my NYX Matte lipstick in Pure Red. This red lipstick is my favourite red lipstick of all time. 






This was when I remembered that I didn't have any mascara on and curled my eyelashes and applied L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara to my top lashes. 










I must confess that I wasn't particularly happy with this look. Then why did you post it? Because it was infinitely better than the first look that I did. I do like this look but as I've said throughout this post, I just wasn't well and I didn't have a lot of time to do this because I was trying to get three weeks worth of blog posts done in a week because I'm currently on vacation right now - or rather, I'm travelling home right now. #Sadtimes

Check out the other Marvel themed posts by clicking HERE.

Nevertheless, I hope that you liked this Captain America inspired look and that you have a wonderful Fourth of July tomorrow. 




Disclaimer: Image of Captain America used in post header image is from Google.

Comments

Popular Posts