The Best Brush Cleanser for When I Can't Get to Sephora



I was first introduced to makeup brush cleansers when I was in Sephora in Venice last year. The girl that worked there asked if I had picked up the brush cleanser for the brushes that I picked up. My answer was 'No' and she ran and picked it up for me. I loved it and I used it all up within a couple of months. When I went back to Barcelona's Sephora in April, I was chomping at the bit to get another bottle. In between, I tried Stargazer's cleanser but it didn't come with a handy dandy spray applicator so it resulted in a lot of waste. Then, I picked up a nifty little bottle on a whim at Superdrug.


The B. Makeup Brush Cleanser, exclusive to Superdrug has really been a saviour to me in the past few weeks that I've had it. With some of my looks becoming more and more colourful, my brushes, especially my eye makeup brushes, have needed cleaned a lot more often and I needed a handy spot cleanser. This cleanser claims to clean and condition all types of makeup brushes. Let me tell you...it does!




I have used this cleanser on every single one of my brushes and it has cleaned them to make them look nearly brand new. I used it on my Real Techniques Buffing Brush which I use for foundation and you all know that foundation brushes are notoriously difficult to clean because liquid foundations dry into the bristles and can be a right pain to remove. This cleanser did the trick and what's more, it returned it to its original colour, the colour that I have not seen in ages. That in itself was a Holy Grail moment for me with the angel's choir singing. 

To use this cleanser, I spray the brush that I want to clean a couple of times and then wipe it on a tissue and then set it aside to dry. Most brushes can be used again within 15 minutes. With brushes that are bit more caked in makeup, (charming image there, Kazzie) I did a couple of rounds of spray - clean - spray - clean depending on how much it needed. Those brushes will need a little while longer to dry but if you're not about to do your makeup or in any rush, they'll still be useable in about 30 minutes. You need to let these air dry. Don't be getting impatient and using a hairdryer. No, no! 




The bottle claims to condition and disinfect the brushes with a formula that is suitable for every day use on both synthetic and natural brushes. I don't use it every day because I don't do my makeup every day. I'm lazy. But as I've said before, I have used it on all of my brushes. Most of them are synthetic, I believe, and they've all bounced back from being cleaned without any issues. Also, it is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Bonus points!

For £4.99 you get 125ml which is an amazing bargain! It's available at Superdrug here.  

My whim purchases are hitting it out of the park recently. Now that I've said that, they'll all suck from here on out. 


Comments

Popular Posts