Quick Update


Hey everyone, I wanted to write a little post to explain what has been going on for the past week and to explain why the last Halloween tutorial didn't go up last Friday. 

Last Wednesday, I went to turn my laptop on and as it started to boot up it stopped suddenly and started to display a message saying, "No bootable device detected - please restart system". Naturally, I tried everything that I could think of before allowing panic to set in. Google nor Smarties had the answer I had only purchased that laptop less than 10 days previously and for it to do this was something that I never expected to happen. It was brand new! Within minutes I was in the car and taking it back to the store that I got it in hopes that they could do something to fix it. 

In a nutshell, nothing could be done. 


That was on the Wednesday. On the Friday, my Mum and I went to Sprucefield to pick out a new one with the money that the company gave us back for the busted one. After listening and talking with one of the sales team, we picked out a new laptop. I finally have it up and running now and I'm back on the internet. There is only so much that one can do with an iPad Mini to be honest. 

Hopefully, I can install the new editing program that I got for the other laptop and videos will resume as soon as humanly possible. I have been chomping at the bit to get new tutorials done as I've been drawing out face-charts and getting inspiration for looks that I want to do. Plus, I've been marathoning Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman, which I haven't been able to watch it years - thank you, TV Gods for that sucktacular decision!

Here's hoping that this laptop enjoys a long and healthy life with me and thank you all for your patience. Let's get to it! 



Comments

Popular Posts