The Eyeliner That Is Worth The Hype To Me



The Kat Von D Tattoo Liner has been doing the rounds for about a year now. I first heard about it through YouTubers Estée Lalonde and Amelia Liana when they bought it when in California at 2014's VidCon. It was with this eyeliner that Estée felt that she really managed to master that dreaded wing. Because I wasn't a 'Master of the Wing' at the time, this eyeliner was the last thing on my makeup wishlist. I experimented and taught myself with cheaper alternatives. That was until September came around.

I got a little email from Sephora that with any purchase I could get a birthday gift during my birth month. My birthday is late in the month and so I had a limited number of days in order to grab it and run. 

I grabbed and I ran. 



For my birthday my brother got a few things from Sephora for me but somehow I managed to completely forget about Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner despite having looked at her page on Sephora. I just stared at the Shade & Light contour palettes. They're pretty. What can I say? Nevertheless, I forgot. Once I saw the 'hey-buy-something-and-we'll-give-you-something-awesome-for-free' email, I immediately remembered the Tattoo Liner. 

Add to basket!

Oh man. #REGRETNOTHING




Where do I even begin to express my love for this eyeliner?

I thought that I had found my favourite liquid liner in the L'Oreal Super Ultra Precision Eyeliner because it was an intense black and moved effortlessly along my lashline. However, the nib is a little too flimsy to me and not the best for when you're bringing that wing back in.

This liner covers every single base possible.

The nib is in the design of a brush. It's not the felt style point that a lot of liquid liners have. Unlike brushes, the bristles don't move or become displaced through use. I've been using this for over a month and every time that I've done my makeup and it hasn't changed shape at all. I've been abusing it for tutorials too - drawing over my face and everything. Nothing has happened to it. It is the perfect size and shape for getting into that inner corner and drawing that first part of the wing. Plus, you can get right into the roots of the lashes so that there are no gaps. 




The perfect amount of product comes out at all times regardless of the amount of pressure that you have. This part is going to be a bit difficult to explain. At times when you're doing your liner or winged liner, you can be a bit apprehensive or nervous about making a mistake and so you reduce the pressure on the nib so that you can make baby strokes. Usually, with most liners, these strokes come off as extremely faint or patchy so that you have to draw over it three or four times to actually get it to show up. As a result, you increase your chances of effing up it. Not with this beauty. If you reduce the pressure, you get a very pigmented outcome that isn't too much or too little. It's perfect.

The pigmentation is flawless. It is pure black with every single stroke that you make from start to finish and it stays like that once it dries. It doesn't budge until you take it off. It's easily removed with makeup remover too so you don't have to scrub and scrub at your eyes. I use one from Deliplus (the best ever!).

The Tattoo Liner retails at Sephora for $19 // ~ £12 >> HERE.

Have you tried Kat Von D's tattoo liner? If so, what did you think of it? If you haven't, do you want to try it?



Comments

Popular Posts