TUTORIAL || Solitaire [Live and Let Die] 2 Makeup Looks


This week's Fandom Friday, the first one since my Hallowe'en series, is on Solitaire from Live and Let Die. What's more is that you get a two-for-one because I did two of Solitaire's looks. 

If you've been following me on my social media accounts, you may or may not know that I have a bit of an obsession with Jane Seymour at the moment. I found Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman on TV a couple of weeks ago. It reignited my adoration for this woman. So, I've been marathoning Dr. Quinn with all the envy going for Jane Seymour. All the envy,


Naturally, that lead me to watching Live and Let Die where she played tarot card reader, Solitaire. Here, have a gif spam of Solitaire.








I loved her makeup in this movie. Sadly, there were no decent photos of her makeup online. I bought the movie on DVD and was surprised to find that it was a recently remastered version. WIN! The quality looked amazing to me and I took screengrabs of it and used them to inspired this tutorial 


T H E    T U T O R I A L





You all know that I'm not a makeup artist and have no idea what was actually used for Solitaire's makeup. I rummaged around in my own makeup collection to create this look. You don't have to use what I do, use what you have. 











S O L I T A I R E ' S    D I F F E R E N T   L I P   C O L O U R S






Throughout the film, Solitaire's lip colour varies. It changes from coral-peachy toned shades at the beginning to a more nude one towards the end of Act Two. That might symbolise how she has lost her powers at this point. I chose to use Lipstick Queen's "Aloha" lipstick because it was a sheer orange-red pigment that I felt suited Solitaire's vibe. You can basically use any sheer, bright lip colour that you would like. Or jump straight to the nude. 




Even though Solitaire is doing a reading at this point in the movie (and she still has her powers), she has a more 'off-duty' look to her with minimal makeup, half-up-down hair-do and a coral-pink nude lip colour. This look really brings out Jane's natural features; her brown and green eyes, her enviable cheek bones and flawless skin. The look, even though it's from 1973, is translatable to today - a soft defined crease, a subtle brow and contour and mascara. Simple but incredibly effective. 

For this look for Solitaire, I went with a peach-toned lip colour, "Barely There" from Sleek to tie in this part of the movie and her Act Three look when she's basically being sacrificed. It's been my current inspiration for my current makeup routine. It's the perfect no-makeup-makeup- look. 

The makeup artist for Live and Let Die, Paul Rabiger certainly did an amazing job with the makeup for Solitaire. What do you think?


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts