My Top Red Lip Colours That Are Perfect For Christmas


Red lips is the most synonymous of makeup trends for the festive period. I wore a red lip last year for Christmas Day and I had never felt more Christmassey or as glamorous on Christmas Day in my life. I wore winged liner and a red lip and I loved it. This year, I have so many red lip products to choose from and I thought that I share with you some of my favourites that will be contenders for Christmas Day. 


I've divided everything into lipsticks and lip stains and alphabetical because I'm OCD like that.

L I P S T I C K S






BESAME - RED VELVET
My Agent Carter red lipstick. It's a gorgeous deep red lipstick. The squared edge acts as a lip liner and it feels amazing.





L'OREAL COLOR RICHE COLLECTION EXCLUSIVE - BLAKE'S RED & EVA'S RED
Blake's Red is probably my most worn of the two. Blake's is a cool-toned red whereas Eva's is a slightly warmer-toned red with a slight orange undertoned. 




MAX FACTOR x STAR WARS COLOUR ELIXIR LIPSTICK - 30 RED
Another of my fangirl favourites. I wore this yesterday and loved it. It's a deep-cherry-red lipstick that has a beautiful sheen to it. I'll probably wear this on Christmas Day because you know, STAR WARS!



NYX MATTE LIPSTICK - PURE RED
My sister sent this to me and I've been loving it. It's the perfect 'pure red'. It's aptly name. I see what you did there, NYX. It's not toO cool and not too warm or too dark or too bright. As Goldilocks would say, "It's juuuuuust right".


L I P    S T A I N S


RIMMEL APOCALIPS LIP LACQUER- BIG BANG
I rediscovered this when going through my lip drawer. I used to be obsessed with this when I first got it. It is such a bright red lip lacquer and it's quite easy to use. Usually lip lacquers are like try to hold bubbles when using them but I tried this out yesterday and it was like a dream.



RIMMEL PROVOCALIPS LIP STAIN - SO KISS ME YOU FOOL
I wore this last Christmas Day and it lasted for hours! I put it on in the morning, cooked dinner, ran around like a headless chicken, ate and drank and it lasted all that time. It didn't really last dinner but I drank a lot. It didn't transfer to my glass which was amazing. It's an identical shade to the Apocalips but this has a lock and shine step to it in the opposite end of the wand. Neat. 



SEPHORA CREAM LIP STAIN - 01 ALWAYS RED
This is a classic red lip colour in a matte formula. I got this back in June and any time I needed a red lip colour since, I reached for this beauty. I used it on the cruise holiday practically every night that I was doing my makeup. It doesn't feel drying on the lips and lasts for a good while.


That's a round up of my Christmas Day Red Lip contenders. Contenders, ready? 

I'll be wearing one of these to work tomorrow as I want to do something Christmassy with my makeup because tis the season, folks. Let me know what some of your favourite red lip colours are. I'm always in the market for more. 



Comments

Popular Posts