Collection #BlushAndGlow Palette



If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know that I love blush. Love, love, love blush. But I don't have many from the drugstore. So when Collection came out with this handy dandy little palette that has two blushes, a bronzer/contour and a highlight, I knew I had to investigate. 


When this baby first launched, it was impossible to get a hold of in Boots in Belfast. Impossible. I just about managed to get my hands on a couple but they were Christmas gifts for friends and I couldn't bring myself to keeping one because I'm that good of a friend. Or buying a third one. Believe me, I wanted to. Buuuuut that would've been overkill... 



On New Year's Eve, I was up in Belfast hangiing out with a friend and picked this up when their stocks were fuller and the excitement had died down a little bit. I started playing with it that night.




Let's take a moment for the packaging before getting into the nitty gritty. Collection generally use cardboard packaging for their palettes, using a nice matte black finish. It's nice and it allows them to keep their prices low which I'm certainly not complaining about. It just doesn't allow for longevity because it can get damaged and ripped. Nevertheless, I'm a sucker for matte black cardboard. The copper-gold metallic text is a nice finish.





I first used the blush on the bottom left. It's a lovely cool-toned pink blush that has slight mauve undertones. It is incredibly pigmented for such an inexpensive palette. It has the payoff of a much more luxurious brand. My brush picks up a lot of product with just one dab and that's all I need. Just one dab. Seriously, that's all you need.

It applies beautifully to the cheeks and blends out to leave a natural flush to the cheeks. It's not chalky at all when applied. There is zero fall out on the pan. It only turns chalky when you use your finger in the pan but on a brush, it's perfect. It's been a dream to use in the few times that I've used it.

I've used the second blush a couple of times so far and I really like it. It's a nice peach-y-pink, warmer toned blush that is highly pigmented, just like it's neighbour.




Now the bronzer shade. For my skin tone, this shade is too warm for me to use as a contour and so I prefer to use it as a bronzer. Like the blush, all you need is one dab and you're good to go. It's a nice warm shade for the pale ones like me. It blends out nicely too.

However, I will say that during one application it did look patchy on my skin. I will say that nothing was cooperating with me that day in terms of makeup application. My face looked cakey despite using the same routine as I've used a dozen times before. But nothing went right and I poked myself in the eye twice with the same mascara wand. That goes to show that it was a bad makeup day. I highly doubt it was the bronzer.

I have only used the highlight shade once and even then I enjoyed it. It was a nice pink-ish toned highlighter that suited my pale complexion nicely. I don't suit golden toned highlighters all that much. It blends well and sits on the cheekbones neatly




My attempt at swatching. They don't look overly pigmented here because I swatched them using a finger. Each time when I use either of the blushes on my cheeks using my makeup brushes, I have to go over it with my foundation brush because they're that pigmented and I'm not a heavy handed kind of gal when it comes to blush.

For the low price-point it's a really nice palette and will be handy for anyone that travels because you have all the finishes touches available and it's compact too.

Have you tried this palette yet? What were your thoughts?



Comments

Popular Posts