February Favourites || 2016



February was a  hectic month. My Dad was in the hospital for over a month. I was in final rehearsals and production week for an amateur production of 'Annie'. Plus, I was working at the same time. It was tiring and I barely had time to do anything but eat and sleep. Because of all that, my favourites this month will be rather sparse compared to other months. But I have a few so, let's get into it. 

B E A U T Y

TOP RIGHT SHADOW

MAKEUP GEEK EYESHADOW - SHIMMA SHIMMA
I have made such a dent in this eyeshadow. I used it a lot during production week of 'Annie' - which I'll be doing a tutorial on - and with any eye-look that I was doing during the day. It works with any eyeshadow combination. That's why there is such a dent in it. And I used it on a couple of my fellow cast members when they asked me to do their eye makeup for them. 



KAT VON D TATTOO LIQUID LINER - TROOPER
This has been my go-to eyeliner since I got it in September. When I was packing my makeup bag for 'Annie', I used a different one because I didn't want to use this up because I figure after having it for five months, it might be on it's last legs. But the alternate eyeliner was useless. It was so awful. I couldn't use it. It was so watery, the handle was unnecessarily long, the tip was beyond flimsy and the formula was so watery that it took ages to dry and transferred to my upper lid within the blink of an eye. I hated it and binned it and resorted to using Kat Von D's baby. I love this liner so much. It is so easy to use. What took five minutes with McCrap- Liner, took one minute with this. I will kick myself if this runs out very soon but at least my eye makeup was awesome for the show. 



FLEUR DE FORCE EYELASHES - FLEUR LOVES
This is another favourite from 'Annie' week because these were the lashes that I used on stage. I originally wanted to use the Fleur & Fabulous lashes like I did when I did Sunset Boulevard. The glue that came with those lashes is now a clear glue and I hated it. I couldn't work with that and so I ruined the lashes. I bought some new Fleur Loves ones and never looked back. They're the best lashes and since they're 3/4 length, you don't need to trim them to fit. I love them. 



T E L E V I S I O N
I didn't get a lot of time to watch television throughout February between travelling up and down to the hospital, attending rehearsals and designing lighting plots and running the show, I had little time. I have about 4 weeks worth of episodes to catch up on all of my shows but one show was on at a time that suited me because it was a Saturday omnibus.



D A N C E    M O M S
I used to watch this about a couple of years or so ago. But it was on a channel that I couldn't get to watch on a regular basis - mostly because I'm far down on the remote control hierarchy. I loved watching it and it's recently started being shown on 5STAR over here from the beginning. When I haven't been able to catch it at 7pm in the evening, I've been catching up on Saturday afternoon thanks to the omnibus marathon that recaps all the episodes from the week and Monday's upcoming episode. I always love dance programs. I knew about this show long before Maddie was the dancer in Sia's music videos. 


I think that's it for my favourites from February. As I said, it was going to be sparse compared to other months. It wasn't lying, haha. 






Comments

Popular Posts