BOOK REVIEW || Star Trek: Voyager 'Atonement' & 'A Pocket Full of Lies'


I hadn't intended to do another Star Trek related video so soon after Star Trek Week. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to talk about these books. I read them last week and I was loathe to put them down, especially 'A Pocket Full of Lies'. I absolutely loved that one. 

So I decided to sit down with my camera and have a little chat about them, share my thoughts and how much I love Kirsten Beyer's writing. I cannot wait for the next book in the series. 





Comments

  1. I'm currently reading The Eternal Tide, so I haven't watched your review not to be spoiled, but I thought I'd share how fond I am of that book serie too atm. I usually am an avid fanfic readers (have been for years now), but lately I've felt like fanfics are becoming very ooc in many fandoms and to find very good ones are becoming harder. So, I guess it explains why I love that book serie so much. I can't wait to be at Protectors, though. It sounds amazing from the small summary I read on iTune. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a problem at all, Julie.

      I definitely understand where you're coming from. A lot of writers don't quite get to grips with fandom writing because they either have them in completely unrealistic situations (for Star Trek) or have the characters act in unrealistic ways. It gets frustrating since you're invested in those characters and have watched them for x amount of hours and know them.

      I love the post-series books. I cannot imagine Voyager continuing in any other way. Except, I HATE 'TNG: Before Dishonour'. That book was beyond ooc that it was utter rubbish. But I loved the idea of that storyline. I had to re-read what The Eternal Tide was and that was a confusing one for me but I did love it. Protectors is good too. They're all good.

      ~ Kazzie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts