TUTORIAL || The Goo Goo Dolls 'Boxes' Album Art Inspired Makeup Look


I have been a fan of the Goo Goo Dolls since 'Iris' was released back in the day when it was the theme song from 'City of Angels' starring Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan. Maybe fifteen or so years. God, I feel old now. I loved that movie and I quickly became obsessed with this song and the music video. I still want a jacket like the one Johnny Rzeznik wore in the music video.

Since then, I've been loving their music and albums. Dizzy Up The Girl is my favourite album but their latest release, 'Boxes' is giving it a run for its money. 'Boxes' was released last Friday and since then I have been listening to practically nothing else. When I went for my walk the other day - blog post about here - I listened to Boxes on repeat. It listened to it about three times that day. That's a lot. 

When they released the album artwork, I wasn't particularly blown away by it. That was until I listened to the album and it made so much sense and then some. An epiphacal moment happened. Is that even a word? Epiphacal? Epiphical? Epiphany moment? We'll go with that. Then this look was born. 





Comments

Popular Posts