My Favourite Makeup Removers At The Moment



With my beloved Deliplus Demaquillador (that's makeup remover in Spanish) on its final dregs - I probably have one more big use in it or three or four teeny tiny uses. As a result, I've had to forage for a makeup remover that can do the job that it can without making my skin look like it's been left out in the sun, i.e. red as a lobster. I've been using the Garnier Miceller Water for Sensitive skin and it has done wonders. But that was until I spotted these babies; Garnier Oil-Infused Micellar Water and BioDerma.




I was in Asda one day and I spied that there was a new Garnier Micellar Water on offer. What caught my eye was that it was in a yellow-gold packaging. '*Gaaaaaaaaasp* That's new!' Cue the magpie in me becoming very interested. Very interested, indeed. I then noticed that it was a combination micellar water. Shaken not stirred.

I read the label and saw that it was geared toward those skin types that were dry and sensitive. Well if that wasn't an invitation to buy it, I don't know what was. I picked it up and tested it out.

I was not disappointed. It felt very moisturising against my skin. I didn't feel as if the cotton pad was pulling at my skin. It simply glided over it and picked up whatever makeup was there. What's more is that I let it soak into my lashes and it took off whatever mascara I had on pretty easily. Usually I use both sides of a cotton pad to get my mascara off because my eye area can be quite sensitive. But this works a charm. Just to note, I don't wear waterproof mascara.

As you can see from the photograph below, I have used quite a bit.

My only nit pick is that the liquids do separate very quickly. By the time I've finished using one cotton pad, I have to shake it up again. It's a minor nuisance but worth it nonetheless.





The next makeup remover that I've been loving was a shock spot in Boots a lough of weeks back. I was in Belfast and popped into Boots to get something else and spied the only-familiar-through-YouTube bottle of BioDerma. My bestie has never seen me move so fast towards something in the 12 years we've been friends. I snatched it up and tested it out that night.

Like the Garnier micellar water, it glides over my skin and I don't feel as if it's pulling at my skin or stripping it of any vital moisture. When you have dry skin, that's a pretty big deal. It takes my makeup off nicely and it doesn't irritate my eyes when I'm using it to take my eye makeup off.




I use the BioDerma and Garnier micellar water interchangeably. Some nights I'll take my face makeup off with BioDerma and then my eye makeup off with the Garnier one. Or vice versa. Or sometimes, I take all of my makeup off with one and leave the other one.

Needless to say that I love both. Have you tried either of these? Let me know what you think.



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts